The Gods II
Quick Summary Rules for Transition Phases
Last updated 10/5/97
During transition phases, you may perform the following actions:
- Buy sphere cards from the sphere pool. If more than one god wants the same card, an
auction will be held. You can also announce your intention to purchase a card during the next
transition phase; the gamemaster will assign special role-playing goals which may reduce the
cost of the card.
|God possesses no cards in the sphere
|God already possesses 1 card in the sphere
|God already possesses 2 card in the sphere
|God already possesses 3 card in the sphere
|God already possesses 4 card in the sphere
- Write myths (stories, poems, essays, whatever) and submit them to the gamemaster. You
will be awarded mana (0-10), gifts, goals, or other bonuses for myths.
- Submit new goals. Goals must have a clearly defined point of completion. Your character
may have up to 10 goals throughout the game. Inform the GM if you have completed a past goal;
you will be awarded mana (1-10), gifts, or other bonuses.
- Submit new objectives (victory conditions). Objectives can be just about anything and have
- Greater gods can transform a willing celestial spirit (who was present at the last game
session) into a subordinate lesser god:
Powers of a greater god over his lesser gods.
- Give the spirit a greater sphere card
- Multiple greater gods can "share" a lesser god if they each give one card at the same
- All concerned contact the GM. The new lesser god makes up a new "lesser sphere"
which is a specialty within the greater sphere card(s) he was given. See samples on back.
- The new lesser god will get cards in his new lesser sphere to bring him up to 5 cards
- The lesser god can never give away the original greater sphere card(s) given to him
by his lord(s)
- A lesser god is a "minion" of his "lord(s)"
- A lord can automatically kill (but not obliterate) his lesser gods
- A lord can automatically take all mana away from his lesser gods (but NOT during
- A lord can command his minions to refer to him in any way his wishes.
- Make costumes, props, set pieces, etc.
- Transfer mana between characters by telling the GM. The toll always applies (even if you
have powers that would otherwise reduce it.) Characters may not transfer artifacts.
- Change the pantheon of a race by unanimous consent of all current pantheon
- Use the Grant Demesne power (as long as all owners of the demesne were alive and
not trapped in some other locale at the end of the last session).
- Introduce new players to the game. New players begin as celestial spirits with 20 mana.
Consult with the GM if you know of someone who wishes to join the game.
Mini Transition Phases
Some game sessions are held on the same day with only a one hour gap between them. This
gap is a "mini" transition phase. During these phases you may only do the following:
- Buy sphere cards.
- Receive awards for completed goals.
- Create new lesser gods (but only if this was planned during the previous "real" transition
Gods II Home
Page / Rules Table of Contents