The Gods II
Quick Summary Rules for Living in Heaven
Last updated 10/5/97
Places in Heaven
- Heaven is divided into locales. Each locale is a room or (for demesnes, see below)
section of a room. You can only attack, talk to, use powers on, or otherwise interact with
someone in the same locale as you.
- Special rules apply to some locales:
- Hall of Doom: Where the Great Council meets, duels are fought, and official records
are kept. No combat is allowed during a Great Council meeting.
- Window on the World: Location of the Earth map.
- Hall of Feats: Refreshments may not be removed from here. No combat allowed.
Persuasion powers cost 25% less.
- Primeval Wilds: Those who attempt to enter encounter the Guardian Beasts; see the
rules at the entrance to the Wilds.
- Underworld: Where you go when you're dead. No entry without special
- Void: Home of the demons. Anyone entering is "lost in the Void" and cannot leave
until this is remedied.
- Corridors of Time: Hallways.
- Silver City: Generic rooms. (Special note: No game action allowed in
- Demesnes are special "locales within locales". You're inside a demesne if you're touching
the marker for it. You can only enter a demesne if you own it, are the lord or minion of an
owner, are invited by someone inside, or defeat the demesne in combat.
- Mana from mana sources may be picked up at the two distribution points (Window on the
World and Hall of Doom) at any time. You can ask a ref to pick up your mana if you can't get
- Mana spent or lost is put into the mana bowls; you may make change. If you lose mana and
don't have enough, then you must expend all new mana until the full amount is lost.
- Mana given to another character suffers the toll; 50% of the mana (rounded up) is
lost and put into the collection bowls.
||see Combat summary sheet
|| Persuasion power
||convince another character to do something; instantaneous, but you must then spend 3
minutes "convincing" the target, who must act as if he's truly convinced
||Dual persuasion power
||affect two people
||Multiple persuasion power
||affect everyone in the locale
||Direct Effect power
||affect another character; instantaneous
||tell target of your intent; if he runs away or attacks then the power doesn't go off
||target must agree to use of power
||only usable on yourself
||modifies a demesne; requires 5 minutes; permanent unless noted otherwise
||effects cease at end of era
||effects cease at end of session
||affect the locale you are in or all the people in it; announce your intention in advance,
anyone who leaves is unaffected
||Instant Locale power
||no need to warn people, just do it
||alter ability to enter or leave the locale
||may only be imbedded into an artifact
||Combat Artifact power
||artifact power which may only be activated in combat
||give a gift to another character, who can use it once
||see power description for details
- Only meets when summoned. Summoner sets the time, Messenger of the Gods announces it
to all greater gods.
- The summoner is the leader of the Council meeting. She may speak for 3 minutes
uninterrupted at the beginning and may disband the meeting at any time. The meeting is also
disbanded whenever there is no quorum of greater gods.
- The Council can create, amend, or revoke laws. One default law: "Thou shalt not sneak
attack another character. This law does not apply if the defender is in the Void, inside a demesne,
or an outlaw."
- The Council can also re-assign the Council Offices and promote new greater gods (if there
is a vacancy in the ranks).
Gods II Home
Page / Rules Table of Contents